A Purpose Driven Life - Chapter 7
A Purpose Driven Life Chapter 7 - The Reason for Everything
Chapter Overview: Rick writes that the Bible says that the reason for everything - for us being here - for our existence - is to bring Glory to God.
2011 (40 years old)
In this chapter Rick gets back to content that I am much more comfortable with. Seeing God's glory in everything and enjoying Him because of it. He had another quote from C.S. Lewis in this chapter that I liked: "In commanding us to glorify him, God is inviting us to enjoy Him." Also a quote from St. Iraneaus: "The Glory of God is a human being fully alive!"
Rick summarizes 5 purposes/ways for us to bring glory to God in our lives in this chapter.
- By Worshiping Him. No issues here
- By loving other believers. I thought it was interesting that Rick stops at 'other believers'. God so loved the whole world...
- By becoming like Christ.
- By serving others with our gifts
- By telling others about Him.
Rick closes by asking a couple of questions
- Who are you going to live for?
- Where in your daily routine can you become more aware of God?
2016 (45 years old)
It's all for him. Where in my daily routine can I become more aware of God's glory? The only thing I can think of right now is what the ladies on the worship team were saying yesterday - spend more time specifically in that 'secret place of the most high' in worship and in His presence... And making the time to do that.
For background on what these 'Purpose Driven Life' posts are about, click this link.