Isaiah 58 is an interesting chapter of the Bible, especially in the Living Translation. In verses 13, 14 Isaiah says, "If you keep the Sabbath holy, not having your own fun and business on that day, but enjoying the Sabbath and speaking of it with delight as the Lord's holy day, and honouring the Lord in what you do, not following your own desires and pleasure, nor talking idly-..."
Am I intentional about good conversations?
Remembering what God has done for me builds my faith. It also keeps me from making bad choices.
This was an integral part of life for the people of Israel. They often set up 'memorials' to remind themselves and their children of what God had done for them at a particular place and time. Jacob after his dream, and Joshua after he led the people across the river Jordan into the Promised Land are some examples. Entire festivals in the Bible were instituted for the purpose of remembering - Purim (in the book of Esther), and of course, the Passover.
So what is this page and collection of posts about? Consider it and the posts that I link from it below
In rough chronological Order:
- Car Accident with Grandpa
- Getting Lost on the Ferry
- The Bike Accident
- Sparks and Smoke at the Sawmill
- Vehicle Accidents (ATC, Car and Truck)
- Playing in a Mudslide
- The Summer after College
- ICT and Kalafi week (I Need God's Glasses)
- The Overland Odyssey to Texas from B.C.
- hitting the dog
- a broken Subaru
- The Missing Word (I didn't get one)
- VBS in Texas - A Fishing Story
- The India Trip - Learning to Trust God - Part 1
- The India Trip - Learning to Trust God - Part 2
- The India Trip - Learning to Trust God - Part 3
- Europe & Marriage
- The Engagement Ring
- The Bad Passport
- Vienna (Ewa's surprises & the couple from Brazil)
- Living in Warsaw
- Slave Lake
- Employment in Edmonton
- Plane Ticket Scam
- Buying Houses
- Garage Fire and a New Car
- The Print Shop and S.B.
- Dreams & Answers
- Ewa's family here in Canada
- Our First Radium Vacation
- Move to Calgary and how it worked out to get into Mom and Dad's house
- Jobs in Calgary
- Erik's Birth and Health Concerns
- The Honda Accord Deer Mishap
- BCS - how God changed the kid's minds while we were at the open house and what a good place it is for them.
- Trip to Poland with the family
- A Father's Fear - Kids & Accidents
- Trip to California
- Kornelia's Broken Femur
- Me and Anxiety
- Healing Love and a Coffee Machine
- Me and Purpose
- Playing at the hospital
- Volunteering @ BCS
- Worship only chapels
- The Lost Girl at Bowness Park
- Kornelia, Fear, Panic attacks, and Grade 12
- Erik, Friends, and Grade 12
- Vacations And Volvos
- Dream - God's Way